Saturday, July 18, 2009

Toto & Nene

When I saw the trailer of this Saturday's MMK episode, I froze in my bed. I saw Billy Crawford and Nikki Gil on a bed. Billy is singing "I will be here" while Nikki seems to be in so much pain. And from that moment on, I made a mental note that come what may, I'll watch that episode.

I have two reasons for doing so. Firstly, I can relate to Nene. Nene (as played by Nikki Gil)has sickness and will soon die. She has lost her sight because of Diabetics and then eventually, both of her kidney failed her. She declined dialysis treatments because she's feeling too weak to go on with the procedures. Plus the fact that they are not financially sufficient. With that decision, the doctor told Toto that Nene has only 30 days left to live.

When Toto informed her, Nene bravely accepted her fate. And I quote,
"Mas gugustuhin ko pa mabuhay ng tatlumpung araw ng masaya sa piling mo kesa naman abutin pa ng taon na di ko na maigagalaw pa ang katawan ko".

I wish I could have that kind of acceptance. I know that something is wrong with my body and yet I refuse to believe that I could be dead anytime soon. I still have chances of living. I vowed to myself that I will exhaust all possible means of treatments for me to get better. I am not going to die any time soon! Don't get me wrong, my faith is still intact. I know that all my prayers will be answered on the proper course of time.

Moving on to my second reason, the story tells how a young pastor lovingly and patiently took care of her dying wife. It reminded of Erich Segal's "Love Story". I just thought that it would be nice if there'll be someone singing with me on my dying moment. Someone who will lovingly hold my hand all throughout.

Tears kept flowing. I just can't control it. And now, I ask:
Who'll be there for me when I reach the twilight zone?

No comments: