Saturday, October 3, 2009

convinced. decided.

Information Bulletin for AY 2010-2011

This Information Bulletin is for applicants planning to take the U.P. Law Aptitude Examination (LAE). The LAE is a requirement for admission to the U.P. College of Law. For school year 2010-2011, the LAE will be administered on Sunday, 22 November 2009, in U.P. Diliman, U.P. Cebu, U.P. Baguio, U.P. Davao and U.P. Visayas.

­Admission to the U.P. College of Law is on a competitive basis and based solely on merit. The Admissions Committee shall base their decision on the applicant’s LAE Examination Grades and General Weighted Average (GWA) in the undergraduate course.

The LAE consists of objective tests designed to measure certain abilities and skills necessary to succeed in the U.P. College of Law. The test subjects include Communication Skills, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary, Critical Thinking, and Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning.

*************************

Five years from now, my name will be posted outside of the Supreme Court. Not because I committed any violations, rather, I passed the Bar Exam. Hahaha. Yes, I am now really decided to pursue and achieve my childhood dream of becoming a lawyer. Atty. Lea Kathryn D. Peña sounds appealing to me. Well, why not? I feel that I have what it takes to survive law schooling—sense of justice, diligence, determination, passion, and high EQ.

In pursuing this dream of mine, I can only think of 4 schools that can help me actualize this. UP, ADMU, SCB and UST in particular order. These 4 schools speak highly of quality education and high passing rate. I am now ready to go through the admission process—application, nerve wrecking exams, interviews and long queues of enrolment.

Everyone wants to be admitted in UP Law and I am one of them. Getting in to this prestigious school is one hell of an adventure— the dreaded LAE and heart attack inducing panel interview after. And as for the survival? Well, it is a different story all together. Having finished my Undergrad in this University, I know very well the kind of system they run. The professors are slave drivers. Mediocrity is a big no-no. “Suntok sa Buwan ang LAE”.

Next is Ateneo. They say that it is one of the better schools after UP. In recent Bar results, Ateneans are consistently in the Top 10. Getting quality education has a price for it. More than enough means are needed in order to survive here.

Then there’s Beda. This is where prominent and celebrity lawyers studied. If not for the controversies 4 years ago, I would enroll here without thinking twice. Rumors have it that the quality of education is not as competitive as before.

Lastly, UST. Honestly, I never wanted to become a Tomasino. But as fate would have it, it seems that I am España ward next academic year. The quality of education is not bad. It would be to my advantage if I enroll here because I’d be inheriting all the notes of Kuya Martin. Hahaha. That would certainly make schooling a lot manageable and tolerable. And as for my social life? I think that wouldn’t post a problem because as friends would tease me, I am “USTE boy magnet”. Hahaha

Gee, I am uber excited. Wish me luck!

No comments: